3 electrocuted, 6 others severely injured
Three construction staff were reportedly electrocuted at Jema, the capital of the Kintampo South district of the Brong Ahafo Region Tuesday.
An eyewitness explained that 9 persons were contracted to mount an electricity pole for the purposes of extending electricity to a private residence.
In the process of erecting the pole, it slipped from their hands and hit a high-tension cable.
The high voltage live cable tore off from the high-tension pole, dangled and fell on the victims killing three and injuring six.
The bodies of the deceased have been deposited at the Kintampo government hospital while the six who sustained various degrees of injury are currently responding to treatment at the Jema district hospital.